Bronze Flight Level
Open to …PPL’s who qualified less than 3 years ago and have not yet completed 25 hours PIC post-skills-test, …other PPL’s who still have Bronze achievements to complete, and …PPL’s who have re-qualified through an LPC test.
- Flight Hours since skills test or LPC: a minimum of 25 hours PIC and 30 hours total
- Broader Horizons – 2 new experiences flown with an instructor
Examples: a night XC flight as PUT, participation in a club fly-out, an aerobatic lesson, a tailwheel lesson, advanced navigation techniques, a flight on instruments including an instrument approach (ILS, NDB or SRA). Items on the Silver list may also be considered.
- New skills – 1 additional rating or club qualification
Examples: conversion / checkout on the PA28, C172 or tailwheel aircraft, cross-channel checkout. Items on the Silver list may also be considered.
- Cross country achievements (a + b + c all as PIC)
- Total XC distance flown 200 nm (minimum)
- XC achievement: either….
- A flight greater than 150nm with 1 intermediate landing, or
- A challenging XC flight agreed with the scheme coordinator
g. flight in Luton – Stansted – Heathrow corridor; flight to a busy controlled (towered) airfield; flight requiring VOR use, or
- a cross-channel flight (regardless of distance) without an instructo
- Land-aways at 3 different airfields
All XC achievements must be flown as PIC with a land-away on each flight (the point of departure or destination may be Andrewsfield). Qualifying distances must exceed 30 nm per flight. Pilots may seek briefing or advice from instructors. Flight can be shared; i.e. different PIC’s outward and return. For the land-aways, one can be an airfield visited during training, the rest must be new destinations.
- Seminar attendance – 2 seminars or safety events organised e.g. by GASCo or Andrewsfield.